Coronavirus Latest Information
Valley Health, in partnership with the Lord Fairfax Health District and Warren County, has established a Point of Distribution (POD) for the Coronavirus vaccine in Front Royal at 465 W 15th Street in the Gymnasium. To check for available clinic dates, please CLICK HERE.
Warren County is seeking volunteers to help with Coronavirus vaccine distribution. Please CLICK HERE if you are interested in volunteering.
VACCINE PRIORITY DISTRIBUTION:
The CDC’s Advisory Council on Immunization Practices (ACIP) prioritized the initial distribution of the vaccine (as available) to health care personnel (hospital and EMS based) and residents of long term care facilities. Other Phase I groups (in order) include essential workers, people at higher risk for severe disease (over age of 75); Phase II - other populations; and Phase III - the general public. Distribution of the COVID-19 vaccination began late last month in Warren County.
December 2020: Lord Fairfax Health District began Phase 1a distribution of the vaccine last week and this week (Clarke and Warren County first responders/age 75+).
- Health Care personnel (Round 1 complete, Round 2 planned)
- LTCF Residents and Staff (see below)
January 2021: The CDC is allocating the vaccine directly to CVS to vaccinate Phase 1a long term care residents. CVS began this process locally this month (going directly to our long term care facilities).
- Commonwealth Senior Living (Round 1 complete, Round 2 scheduled)
- Fox Trail Senior Living (Round 1 scheduled. Round 2 TBD)
- Heritage Hall (TBD)
- Hidden Springs (Round 1 and 2 scheduled)
- Lynn Care (Round 1 complete, Round 2 scheduled)
- Shenandoah Senior Living (Round 1 scheduled, Round 2 scheduled)
- Woods Cove (TBD)
January 2021: The next allocation (“Phase 1b”) of vaccinations the County receives will be for front line essential workers and persons age 75 and older. Front line essential workers include (in priority order):
- Police, Fire, and HAZMAT (Round 1 complete, Round 2 scheduled)
- Corrections workers (Round 1 scheduled)
- Childcare, K-12 Teachers and Staff (Round 1 scheduled)
- Food and Agriculture (TBD)
- Manufacturing (TBD)
- S. Postal Service workers (TBD)
- Public Transit workers (TBD)
- Grocery Store workers (TBD)
- Persons Age 75 and older (Round 1 in progress)
The following allocation (“Phase 1c”) of vaccinations will be for other essential workers, persons age 64-75, and persons age 16-64 with high risk medical conditions. Other essential workers include (in priority order):
- Transportation and Logistics (all below 1-10 categories planning TBD)
- Food Service
- Shelter and Housing (construction)
- IT and Communication
- Public Safety (engineers)
- Water and Wastewater
There is no date established for the Phase 1c allocations at this time.
For the most up-to-date information on COVID-19, please visit the Virginia Department of Health website at www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov.
For the latest updates regarding Warren County Public Schools, please visit https://www.wcps.k12.va.us/index.php/coronavirus-update.
If you think that you (or a family member) may be experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, residents are urged to NOT show up unannounced at any local medical facility but instead contact a Primary Care Physician to discuss your symptoms. If you meet the Virginia Department of Health screening criteria and require COVID-19 testing, you will be directed to the appropriate local medical facility for treatment. If you have general questions regarding COVID-19, please call the Valley Health COVID-19 community call line at (540) 536-0380, the Lord Fairfax Health District local call center at (540) 771-3992, or the Virginia Department of Health public information line at 1-877-ASK-VDH3 (1-877-275-8343). As always, if you are experiencing a true medical emergency, call 911 or report to the closest hospital’s emergency room for emergent treatment.
To browse an interactive map of area restaurants to check their changed hours due to COVID-19, please CLICK HERE.
- Learn the Facts about COVID-19
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19
- How to Help Prevent the Spread of Respiratory Illnesses like COVID-19
- What to Do if You're Sick
- What can the Community Do to Get Through This Together
- Guide to Disinfecting Your Home for the Coronavirus and Flu - SafeHome
- "Please Wear a Face Covering" Printable Signs
INFORMATION FOR BUSINESSES
- Help for Small Businesses in Front Royal and Warren County
- Resources for Small Business Loan and Grant Opportunities
- Shenandoah Valley Workforce Board to Award Small Business Layoff Aversion Grants
- Frequently Asked Questions about Unemployment Claims related to Coronavirus
- Amended Executive Order #53 Extending Closure of Certain Businesses
- Executive Order #53 from Governor Ralph Northam
- Frequently Asked Questions about Governor Northam's Executive Order #53
- Building Inspections: Permit applications can be obtained online at https://www.warrencountyva.net/buildinginspectionsforms, and customers can submit their applications, plans, and documents via email at email@example.com
- Commissioner of the Revenue's Office: Citizens can file Tax Relief paperwork, Land Use schedules, and Meals and Lodging taxes by regular USPS mail or the outdoor drop box; Meals and Lodging taxes due monthly can be submitted through the outdoor drop box, mail, or online payment at https://eservices.warrencountyva.net/applications/trapps/
- Planning Department: Forms and applications can be obtained online at https://www.warrencountyva.net/forms, and customers can submit their documentation via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Solid Waste Convenience Sites and Transfer Station: These sites will continue to operate their regular hours: 7:00 AM until 7:00 PM (Monday and Tuesday, Thursday through Saturday, CLOSED on Wednesday) and 12:00 PM until 7:00 PM (Sunday)
- Treasurer's Office: Taxpayers can utilize alternative submission methods including the drive-thru window, outdoor drop box, regular USPS mail, or online payment at https://eservices.warrencountyva.net/applications/trapps/. As a reminder, payments are accepted in the form of cash, check, or money order; MasterCard and Visa are accepted with a 1.99% convenience fee of the total paid
- May 21, 2020: Soft Reopening of Government Center on May 26, 2020
- May 15, 2020: Partial Reopening of Park Facilities
- April 27, 2020: Axalta Coatings Donates Hand Sanitizer for COVID-19 Response
- April 23, 2020: Parks and Recreation Creates At-Home Activity Boxes
- April 3, 2020: Urging Community to Create Smart911 Profiles
- March 31, 2020: Parks and Recreation Facilities Closures
- March 27, 2020: Valley Health Establishes Local Call Line
- March 24, 2020: A Letter to the Citizens of Warren County and the Town of Front Royal
- March 22, 2020: Warren County Offices to Close to the Public
- March 20, 2020: Establishment of Local COVID-19 Call Center
- March 18, 2020: Declaration of Local Emergency
- March 17, 2020: COVID-19 Guidance to Residents
- March 10, 2020: COVID-19 Preparedness
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION LINKS
Employees Results 1 - 4 of 4
Interim County AdministratorP: (540) 636-4600F: (540) 636-6066
Public Information OfficerP: (540) 636-4600F: (540) 636-6066
Deputy Emergency CoordinatorP: (540) 636-3830F: (540) 636-9986
Local Director of Emergency ManagementP: (540) 635-2360