The County of Warren implemented the proration of personal property taxes effective January 1, 1996.
If you dispose of a vehicle:
- Notify DMV immediately or within 30 days,
- Notify the Commissioner of the Revenue’s office within 30 days.
If you purchase a new or used vehicle:
- Notify the Commissioner of the Revenue’s office within 30 days to AVOID LATE FILING PENALTIES
- Purchase a Warren County Vehicle License/Town of Front Royal Vehicle License transfer within 30 days.
If you move in or out of Warren County:
- Notify the local Commissioner’s office within 30 days.
- Notify DMV of your new address; garaged jurisdiction must be changed
- Notify the Commissioner’s office at the new locality you moved to.
- Transfer County/Town vehicle license if applicable.