In accordance with new requirements from the 2019 legislative session amending Section 15.2-2511 of the Code of Virginia, effective July 1, 2019, if the locality’s audit is not completed as required by this statute, the locality must promptly post a statement on its website, if such website exists, with the following information:
- That the required audit is pending,
- The reasons for the delay, and
- The estimated date of completion
The County of Warren, Virginia is hereby posting the following statement:
- The required annual financial audit for FY 2018-2019 is currently pending by the independent audit firm of Robinson, Farmer, Cox Associates, Certified Public Accountants.
- The reason for the delay is as follows: the County has had all of its information needed for the audit, Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), and the transmittal data to the Auditor of Public Accounts; however, there has been a delay in the preparation of the financial statements. This has resulted in a delay for the actual completion of the audit and preparation of the CAFR.
- The estimated date of completion of the required audit, preparation of the CAFR, and the transmittal data to the Auditor of Public Accounts is no later than March 31, 2020, however, almost certainly will be much sooner.
If there are any questions or concerns, please contact Douglas P. Stanley, County Administrator, by phone at (540) 636-4600 or email email@example.com.