Road Construction Gets Underway: April 5, 2017

    The estimated $867,000 projects will include drainage improvements, new culverts, wider shoulders, removal of vegetation and hazardous trees, improved sight distance, the upgrading of side street intersections, and a new paved surface.  Approximately 75% of project costs will be paid for by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) and the County of Warren.  The remaining 25% share is the SFSD’s responsibility.  Once construction is completed, the roadways will be turned over to VDOT for maintenance. 

These projects, all priorities in the currently adopted SFSD Capital Improvement Plan (CIP), are the next steps in meeting the community’s long term goal of improving and paving the Old Oak Lane corridor through the center of the District.   Upgrading this corridor will improve access and make travel safer for residents, enhance response times for emergency vehicles/equipment, and allow Warren County school buses to travel through the community.  

The major roadway construction is being performed by General Excavation, Inc. (GEI) of Warrenton, Va.   Weather permitting, it is anticipated the projects should be completed around July 1, 2017. Traffic will be controlled with signs and flaggers.  Delays should be anticipated, so if possible, residents should detour and/or alter their normal travel patterns to avoid the work zone.  All residents are reminded to drive cautiously and obey all traffic control and flaggers when traveling through the project limits. 

Smaller trees and branches from the project will be stacked along the roadway and are free to residents to take during non-work hours.  Residents should not enter upon private property to take wood which may already be spoken for by the adjacent property owners.   

SFSDRoadwork2  SFSDRoadwork

Contact

  info (@) warrencountyva.net
  540.636.4600
  540.636.6066
  220 N. Commerce Avenue
     Front Royal, VA 22630

Keep in Touch

 

WC Seal braid trans

Established in 1836