The application window for Round 3 is now closed.
Intent of Program
To provide a grant program for financial assistance to small businesses who have experienced demonstrated economic hardship from the effects of Governor Ralph Northam's Executive Order 53 dated March 12, 2020 and Executive Order 55 dated March 30, 2020 related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Funds to be used for expenses associated with business interruption caused by the COVID-19 health crisis. Eligible local small businesses must be located within the corporate limits of the Town of Front Royal.
The County has entered into an agreement with the Front Royal-Warren County Chamber of Commerce (the "Chamber") per Section 15.2-953 of the Code of Virginia. Terms of the agreement will outline the process for the Chamber to administer a grant program with approximately $100,000 remaining for Town business economic recovery/assistance.
The Chamber will work in conjunction with the County Finance Department and the Warren County CARES Committee to administer the grant.
- Businesses that are not required to have a Town Business License may apply for Round 3 funding
- Businesses must have been in operation prior to Governor Northam's Executive Order 53 dated March 12, 2020
- Businesses must be located within the corporate limits of the Town of Front Royal
- Business must be able to demonstrate economic hardship of at least a 20% reduction in gross revenues, gross profits, or donations when compared to the prior year 2019
- Applicable to small businesses with gross receipts greater than $15,080 or less than $6,000,000
- Applications must be received by November 17, 2020 at 5:00 PM
Tiers of Assistance
|2019 Gross Receipts||Amount of Assistance|
|Less than $15,080||Not Eligible|
|$15,080 - $50,000||$5,000|
|$50,000.01 - $200,000||$10,000|
|$200,000.01 - $500,000||$20,000|
|$500,000.01 - $6,000,000||$40,000|
|$6,000,000.01 or Greater||Not Eligible|
- Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received
- Preference will be given to businesses that have established a Strategic Plan for conducting business in compliance with Governor Northam's restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic; for example: social distancing, additional options for customer/employee interactions, additional methods of payment to minimize contact, etc.
- General Application
- Personal Name
- Business Name
- Business Address
- Type of Business
- Telephone Number
- Number of Employees
- (Optional) Strategic Plan demonstrating change in operation due to COVID-19
- Proof of Economic Hardship (options include, but are not limited to:)
- Profit and Loss Statement for 2019*
- Profit and Loss Statement for March through July 2020*
- Prior Year Comparative Statement March through July 2019*
- 2019 Tax Returns (if completed)*
- Bank Statements
- Invoices for Expenses
- Other Financial Reports/Documents
- * - Preferred
The Warren County CARES Committee will review applications and provide approval of assistance based upon available funds and the aforementioned criteria. In most cases, funding decisions will be made within fourteen (14) days of receipt of a complete application. Payment for grant assistance will be available to be picked up at the Chamber of Commerce within fourteen (14) days of grant assistance approval. The Warren County CARES Committee will follow up with the applicant to discuss any additional documents or information, if needed.
If you have any questions regarding appropriate documentation or processing, please contact: